If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at our office +65 65813902
Please kindly click HERE to register for the “Visiting Programme with Kalimpong Entourage”.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at our office +65 65813902.
Please kindly check with Office for the next Naga Puja date
1) TIME: starts 9am
2) Always check with counter on actual day whether boat trip is opened to participants
3) Contributions of any amount
4) Boat trip @ $20 per person (please register early if boat outing is opened to participants)
5) Be vegetarian for the Puja
6) For those buying their own offerings, please bring before the puja starts.
Since the historial Buddha Sakyamuni time, offering of light has great significance. This light clears the darkness of ignorance which in turn result in the arising of wisdom. Those who are familiar with Buddha’s life story will recall the lamp offered by the poor old lady. She had no money to buy oil for the lamp, so she cut her own hair in exchange for the oil. This lamp offered by her sincerely outshines all the other lamps. Even the wind caused by devadatta’s dark magic was unable to extinguish the lamp.
10 benefits of light offering expounded by Buddha Shakyamuni:
1) One receives great enjoyment of wealth.
2) One becomes like the light of the world.
3) One achieves clairvoyance of the pure eye as a human.
4) One is reborn as a deva or as a human.
5) One achieves the devas’ eye.
6) One achieves the wisdom to discriminate virtue from non-virtue.
7) One is able to eliminate the concept of inherent existence.
8) One receives the illumination of wisdom.
9) One quickly becomes liberated.
10) One quickly attains enlightenment
We can offer light either for oneself or on behalf of another person for the following purposes:
1) To remove obstacles and sufferings
2) To remove illness from a sick person
3) To dispel dark magic and evil spirits
4) To pray for long life
5) To provide a light path for the decease
Lights are available for sponsoring at Sakya Tenphel Ling as and when available. Kindly check our News and Announcements page for updates.
STL presents 4-Year Dharma Teaching Curriculum:
Starting Part 2 Module/Topic:
“ In the Coffers of Truth”
by Sakya Pandita Kunga Gyaltsen
Click here to download program schedule
Click here to learn more about the Course structure and the Texts used. 请点击这里下载中文版
Message from His Holiness The Sakya Trizin:
Everyone wants to be happy, and the only way to find true peace and happiness is to follow the religious path. Equally, once we have engaged on the religious path, it is very important that we study, so that we can progress swiftly along it. There are many texts and scriptures that can help us deepen our understanding of the Dharma.
“The Elegant Sayings” is such a text. It is one of the most famous works by the great master Sakya Pandita Kunga Gyaltsen. In this book, the great scholar offers precious advice on how to live a virtuous life and how to avoid non-virtuous behavior.
His witty and to-the-point analysis of what is noble and scholarly and what is foolish and untoward is an important teaching on what is to be adopted and what is to be rejected before one can become a true Dharma practitioner.
The study of the Dharma is a hugely meritorious activity that benefits not only oneself but also everyone that surrounds one. I truly rejoice that a program of Dharma study has been put in place at Sakya Tenphel Ling, and I fervently pray that many practitioners will participate in it and thus make great strides along the path to enlightenment, for the sake of all beings.
Vesak Day 2015 Grand Sponsorship Registration. Click here to get started.
You can perform a great Vesak activity by being an Annual Grand Sponsor. Become a pillar of support for Dharma propagation and a provider of food and shelter for members of the Sangha. Being an Annual Grand Sponsor, you are guarded daily till the next Vesak Day by incessant blessings, and will accrue enormous merits at the end. Click here for more details.
The benefits of being a Grand Sponsor:
1. Your merits multiplying million times through the participation of the 4 Great Festivals of Shakyamuni Buddha:
•Vesak Day (Birth, Enlightenment and Parinirvana of The Buddha) – 15th day of 4th Lunar month
•The First Teaching given by Buddha (at Sarnath) – 4th day of 6th Lunar month
•Buddha having taught His mother (Descending from Tushita Heaven) – 22nd day of 9th Lunar month
•The miracle of Shravasti – 15th day of 1st Lunar month
2. Your merits accruing daily through the dedication of our Resident Lama in his daily Tara and Mahakala Protector Pujas, and the weekly Sunday Tara Puja
3. Your merits accumulating as Sponsors to all the pujas performed during the year, tagged to Center’s numerous events and visiting programs (except pujas for the deceased)
4. Special accumulation from Three Red Deities Puja of Sakyapa Tradition on a specific auspicious Thursday to enhance Sponsors’ wealth and prosperity and obstacle dispelling.
5. You will be cordially invited to attend these Pujas and have audience with His Holiness during His Visit and receive His Blessings.
Being a Grand Sponsor of STL, you will feel very fortunate and blessed. The pujas are performed by highly qualified Lamas to perfections. With such conditions and your right motivation, you will effectively receive continuous blessings through the year. Seize the opportunity!
For those past and existing Grand Sponsors, we sincerely thank you and look forward to your continuous support. With your altruistic and generous acts, STL has carried out many spiritual activities, benefiting many mother sentient beings. Rejoice! May the auspicious Vesak bring you lots of success, good health, prosperity and May all sentient beings be well and happy!
“The Gift of Dharma EXCELS all other Gifts”